Welcome to the ASCENDANT EDUCATION website. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, provides this site, ASCENDANT EDUCATION, as a service to affordable housing projects and their tenants, with the express condition that users of this site agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). If you do not accept any of these terms, you are not authorized to use this site. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time, without notice to you. Your continued use of this site following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of such new term(s).
Description of Service; Modifications to Service
RODEN CONSULTING, LLC currently provides users access to a variety of resources and information, relating to such topics as personal and family physical and emotional health, employment and finances, etc. (collectively, the “Service”). RODEN CONSULTING, LLC reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue on a temporary or permanent basis any section or page of this site, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason without prior notice to you. You agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance.
Registered User Account, Password, and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password to access this site, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC does not retain liability or responsibility for such use.
Your registration information, as well as other personally identifiable information, may only be shared in the following circumstances:
-It is shared with RODEN CONSULTING, LLC’S affiliates or other trusted companies for the purpose of supporting or servicing this site.
-We have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, (b) enforce applicable terms of service under this Agreement, (c) prevent, detect or address fraud or security or technical support issues of this site, (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, its users or the public.
-If RODEN CONSULTING, LLC becomes a party to a merger or acquisition of all or any part of its assets.
We (and our partners) may also use the information gathered on Ascendant Education for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters) or that we otherwise believe would interest you, including promotional offers from us and our third-party partners;
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support and customer care;
- Offer you products and services, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- Customize content, features, advertisements or other marketing messages we and third parties show you, both on the Site and elsewhere online;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include without limitation developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Guard against identity theft, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies; and
- For other purposes that are disclosed at the time you provide your information, with your consent.
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. In addition, certain service providers may collect or access information through the Site to enable or provide services, tools, or other features available on the Site. We also may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media platforms; we may also match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Site and elsewhere online;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation); and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
Children’s Privacy: This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete any such information.
General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge and agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC may establish general practices and limits concerning use of this site, including without limitation the maximum number of days that information or other content is retained or the maximum storage space allotted to users. You acknowledge that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any information or other content on or transmitted to or from this site. You acknowledge that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC has the right to deactivate user accounts. You further acknowledge that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC reserves the right to change these practices at any time with or without notice.
You understand that all information or other content (“Content”) posted is the sole responsibility of the person originating such Content. This means that you, and not RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, bear all risks and liabilities for all Content that you upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. You agree to not use the Service to:
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains any software “virus,” “worm,” “trojan horse” or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an RODEN CONSULTING, LLC official or any RODEN CONSULTING, LLC affiliate, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt this site or any servers or networks connected to this site, or disobey any requirements or policies of networks connected to this site;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- harvest or otherwise collect or store personal data about other users.
- this Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete any such information.
You acknowledge and agree that this list is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative.
RODEN CONSULTING, LLC reserves the right in its sole and final judgment to determine whether certain conduct violates this User Conduct section. You further acknowledge and agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move, edit, or delete any Content that is available via the Service. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content regardless of whether such communication(s) violate the User Agreement. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You acknowledge and agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC may preserve Content and may also disclose Content to any third party in RODEN CONSULTING, LLC’S sole discretion.
You agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, in its sole discretion, may terminate your user ID, password, and/or account (or any part thereof), or use of this Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if RODEN CONSULTING, LLC believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with this Agreement. You agree that any termination of your access may be effected without prior notice, and you acknowledge and agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar further access to such files or the service. Further, you agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranty
YOU AGREE THAT: YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” OR “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR FREEDOM FROM INFRINGEMENT. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT:
- THE CONTENT AVAILABLE VIA OUR SITES IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT;
- THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION;
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR THE MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THIS SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS;
- THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND
- CONTENT AVAILABLE VIA OUR SITES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, CERTAIN EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
You agree that you will indemnify (hold harmless) RODEN CONSULTING, LLC and its officers, directors, employees, agents, volunteers, and affiliates from all third-party claims arising out of or in connection with the following:
- any Content that you upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available on this site;
- your use of this site;
- your connection with this site; and
- your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement.
You agree that you will indemnify (hold harmless) RODEN CONSULTING, LLC and its officers, directors, employees, agents, volunteers, and affiliates from all third party claims arising out of or in connection with your access or use of or your inability to access or use this site. This includes, but is not limited to, information or materials viewed or downloaded from this site or another site to which it is linked that appear to you or are construed by you to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or that infringe upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will RODEN CONSULTING, LLC or the contributors of information to this site be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
YOU AGREE THAT RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, AND AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER RODEN CONSULTING, LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER BASIS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, CERTAIN LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations contained in this site are not necessarily those of RODEN CONSULTING, LLC or endorsed by RODEN CONSULTING, LLC. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC may provide links on this site to other sites that are not under the control of RODEN CONSULTING, LLC. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by RODEN CONSULTING, LLC or the organization or individual operating the other sites or a warranty of any type regarding the other sites or the information on the sites.
Usage of Content
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on this site, such as videos, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and audio clips is copyrighted by and proprietary to RODEN CONSULTING, LLC and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without RODEN CONSULTING, LLC’S prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard-drive cache as are necessary to browse this site. The user may also make a single copy of the Content displayed on any page of this site to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses that do not harm the reputation of RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, provided that the user does not remove any trademarks, copyright, and any other notice contained in such Content.
Dealings with Advertisers
To defray the costs associated with providing our sites, RODEN CONSULTING, LLC may sell advertising space on the service. We do not examine or evaluate the products, services, or offerings of advertisers found on this site. Accordingly, we do not warrant any products, services, or offerings of such advertisers. Your correspondence or dealings with such advertisers are solely between you and the advertiser. You agree that RODEN CONSULTING, LLC shall not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any such correspondence or dealings.
Third-Party Content and Services
Since we provide a variety of resources on this site, it may be necessary for us to use third parties to contribute Content and offer services. Any Content or services made available by third parties on our sites are those of the respective authors and not of RODEN CONSULTING, LLC. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of such Content or services.
RODEN CONSULTING, LLC encourages and permits text links to Content on this site, provided: (a) any text-only link must clearly be marked “ASCENDANT” OR “RODEN CONSULTING”; (b) the appearance, position, and other aspects of either the link or the host site may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with RODEN CONSULTING, LLC’S name, trademarks, or service marks.; (c) the appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host site may not create the false appearance that an entity other than RODEN CONSULTING, LLC is associated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by RODEN CONSULTING, LLC; (d) RODEN CONSULTING, LLC reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this User Agreement. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC is not responsible for the information or materials contained on the host site. Links to this site are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by RODEN CONSULTING, LLC or the organization or individual operating the host site or a warranty of any type regarding the host site or the information on the host site.
Links From Ascendant Education to Other Websites
On this Site, we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, privacy policies, or any other aspects of websites that we do not own or control.
Surveys, Quizzes and Other Features
This site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by RODEN CONSULTING, LLC, which is headquartered in the State of Texas, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of the State of Texas, by accessing this site both you and RODEN CONSULTING, LLC agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this site. You and RODEN CONSULTING, LLC also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas with respect to such matters. RODEN CONSULTING, LLC makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing this site from territories where the Content is illegal or is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Information for Users Outside the United States
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and RODEN CONSULTING, LLC governing your use of this site and supersedes any prior agreements, if any, between you and RODEN CONSULTING, LLC relating to any matter dealt with in this Agreement. You may also be subject to additional terms that apply when you deal with advertisers or use links or third-party Content or services.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com