Ascendant Education is a web-based supportive service program, designed to provide you, as a developer, with the easiest and most effective way to meet your supportive service compliance requirements for your Affordable Housing Developments.
- Ascendant provides you with documentation, including quarterly reports on web-site usage, to help you easily meet your compliance reporting standards. See Compliance Reporting Made Easy to learn about the reports that are included when you use Ascendant Education to offer your residents supportive services.
- You will find most of your questions answered under the FAQ Section below.
- How do I sign up to offer this service? Contact Ascendant
Benefits for Developers
Make Your Tax Credit and HOME Application More Competitive.Offering your supportive service through Ascendant Education will give you an advantage in the Tax Credit and HOME application process because your can score more points with Ascendant Education in your application! And you’ll receive these other benefits:
- Better Credentials. Programs are developed by experts whose credentials far exceed those of most local presenters.
- Improved Presentation Quality and Depth. The quality of Ascendant Education’s online Life Success Library resources is better than what is typically found in many local areas.
- On-demand Content. Life Success Library resources are packaged to contain mini or stand alone segments giving residents flexibility to learn any time of the day or night.
- Compliance Made Easy. Free quarterly usage reports by property, plus needs assessment survey information gathered at resident sign-up, makes compliance with state agency documentation requirements easy. Learn More
- Multiple Formats. Life Success Library resources are offered to residents in a variety of formats (video, podcasts and articles). This gives residents maximum flexibility in choosing the best way to learn.
- Valuable Life Skills. Residents will have the opportunity to learn via multiple learning segments providing an in-depth education in a variety of areas, including family life, relationships, job improvement skills, career advancement, money management and other need-to-know life traits.
- Resident Stability. Ascendant Education supportive services give your residents the tools to maximize their capacity for independent living.
- Affordable. You can provide Ascendant Education as an included amenity for your residents for only $1 per unit per month, making it very affordable.
ACT NOW. Contact Ascendant Education as soon as you realize you are ready to provide the most effective Supportive Services program to your residents.
FAQs for Developers
Q: How do I sign-up for Ascendant Education support services for my properties?
A: Click here to request contact from an Ascendant Education team member who will assist you with your Ascendant Education Supportive Services agreement.
Q: How much do Ascendant support services cost?
A: $2/per month, per unit, billed quarterly.
Q: As an owner/developer, what is expected of me, once I’ve signed up for Ascendant?
A: Ascendant Education does all of the work in ensuring the very best in supportive services are available to your residents. In addition, the cooperation of your property site managers to help promote new class offerings is critical. Other than that, Ascendant Education takes it from there!
Q: Is Ascendant Education considered an amenity?
A: Yes, in this era of self improvement, offering a service like Ascendant to your tenants and potential residents is seen as a positive and is viewed as an amenity.
Q: Will Ascendant Education Supportive Services help me be more competitive with my Tax Credit and HOME application?
A: Yes. Ascendant Education Supportive Services offers you a consistent, measurable, high quality method for delivering and documenting your supportive services offerings making your application stand out from companies who don’t offers similar services. Ascendant will also supply information and an MOA detailing the supportive services provided for your application!
Q: How can Ascendant help me as a developer/owner meet compliance reporting with state agencies and other grant requirements?
A: Ascendant Education tracks resident usage by property and provides you with a quarterly report suitable for submission to reporting agencies.
Q: How much does the quarterly report cost?
A: The quarterly usage report is included for FREE when you complete the Ascendant Education Supportive Services Agreement.
Q: What is the Needs Assessment Survey?
A: The Needs Assessment Survey gathers information about the supportive services areas most desired by your residents. It is designed to be taken by new residents as part of the new resident move-in process. A copy of each completed survey is emailed to the property site manager to be kept with the resident’s file.
Q: How much does the Needs Assessment Survey cost?
A: The Needs Assessment Survey is included for FREE when you complete the Ascendant Education Supportive Services Agreement.
Q: What does Ascendant Education offer to my residents?
A: Ascendant Education offers high quality, on-demand education support services to residents living in affordable housing developments.
Q: What topics are offered?
A: Topics include basic life skills, parenting, family life, relationships, job development, career enhancement, money management, weather and disaster preparedness, life improvement and more.
Q: How does Ascendant Education offer these supportive services?
A: Ascendant Education provides supportive services through webinars, on-line videos, MP3s, podcasts, articles, PDF’s and deep links to sites that will assist residents in finding the help they need to face any issue and become more self-reliant community members.
Q: How do residents access Ascendant Education support services?
A: Residents can access Ascendant Education’s Supportive Services through a computer located anywhere. Residents are provided with a property-specific password they can use to access the site from work, school, home, or in the property’s computer room, usually located in the community building.
Q: How often are new materials added to the site?
Q: How are residents notified about new course offerings?
A: Property site managers place fliers in resident’s mail boxes and posters on property bulletin boards monthly. Ascendant Education will also send monthly emails to residents with email addresses who opt-in to receive email notification (usually at lease signing).
Q: What about new residents?
A: New residents will be given a short Needs Assessment Survey at lease signing (takes a few minutes) and will be shown by the property site manager how to log on to Ascendant Education’s web site. The property site manager will provide the new resident with a property-specific password.