Easy Supportive Services
Ascendant is a web-based supportive service program, designed to provide you, as a manager, with the easiest and most effective way to meet the supportive service compliance requirements for the Affordable Housing Communities you manage.
Easy verification of supportive services. Ascendant Education’s Supportive Services program offers built-in supportive services documentation and verification with the following key benefits:
- Compliance Made Easy. Free quarterly usage reports by property, plus needs assessment survey information gathered at resident sign-up, makes compliance with state agency documentation requirements easy.
- Quarterly reporting. Quarterly usage reports are included free with each Ascendant Education supportive services agreement.
- Reports by property. Quarterly reports show usage by individual property making it easy to keep accurate documentation at each site readily accessible for state compliance officers.
- Needs assessment survey results included free. Ascendant Education’s Supportive Services agreement includes a needs assessment survey for residents who sign-up to access the Life Success Library. The information gathered in this survey is emailed to the property management to be kept with the resident’s file.
- Private resident access. Residents who feel uncomfortable attending a class about a sensitive matter can learn in privacy on their own personal computer or using a property clubhouse computer.
- Quality and depth. The quality of Ascendant Education’s online Life Success Library resources is better than what is typically found in many local areas. Residents are also provided with links to additional resources where they can continue learning if they choose.
- Expert presenters. Programs are developed by experts whose credentials far exceed those of most local presenters.
- Learning content easy to use, always available. Life Success Library online resources are packaged as mini or stand alone segments, making it easy for residents to use on-demand, any time of the day or night.
Sign-up today. Contact Ascendant Education as soon as you realize you are ready to provide the most effective Supportive Services program to your residents.
FAQs for Property Management
Q: How do I sign-up for Ascendant Education support services for the properties I manage?
A: Click here to request contact from an Ascendant Education team member who will assist you with your Ascendant Education Supportive Services agreement.
Q: How much do Ascendant support services cost?
A: As low as $1/per month, per unit, billed quarterly.
Q: What is expected once my company signs up for Ascendant Education?
A: Ascendant Education does all of the work in ensuring the very best in supportive services are available to your residents. In addition, the cooperation of your property site managers to help promote new class offerings is critical. Other than that, Ascendant Education takes it from there!
Q: Is Ascendant Education considered an amenity?
A: Yes, in this era of self improvement, offering a service like Ascendant to your tenants and potential tenants is seen as a positive and is viewed as an amenity.
Q: How does Ascendant Education verify usage of the supportive services it offers?
A: Ascendant Education tracks resident usage by property and provides you with a quarterly report.
Q: Who receives the report?
A: The quarterly report can be emailed to property site managers or to other managers designated by your company.
Q: How much does the quarterly report cost?
A: The quarterly usage report is included for FREE when you complete the Ascendant Education Supportive Services Agreement.
Q: What is the Needs Assessment Survey?
A: The Needs Assessment Survey gathers information about the supportive services areas most desired by your residents. It is designed to be taken by new residents as part of the new resident move-in process. A copy of each completed survey is emailed to the property management to be kept on file.
Q: How much does the Needs Assessment Survey cost?
A: The Needs Assessment Survey is included for FREE when you complete the Ascendant Education Supportive Services Agreement.
Q: What does Ascendant Education offer residents?
A: Ascendant Education offers residents an online Life Success Library of high quality, life improvement resources to residents living in affordable housing properties. Library content is compiled from multiple sources.
Q: What topics are offered?
A: Topics include basic life skills, parenting, family life, relationships, job development, career enhancement, money management, weather and disaster preparedness, life improvement and more.
Q: How does Ascendant Education offer these supportive services?
A: Ascendant Education provides supportive services through webinars, on-line videos, MP3s, podcasts, articles, PDF’s and deep links to other websites that will assist residents in finding the help they need to face any issue and become more self-reliant community members.
Q: How do residents access Ascendant Education support services?
A: Residents can access Ascendant Education’s Supportive Services through a computer located anywhere. Residents are provided with a property-specific username and password they can use to access the site from work, school, home, or in the property’s computer room, usually located in the community building.
Q: How often are the featured resources updated?
Q: How are residents notified about Life Success Library updates?
A: Property site managers place fliers in resident’s mail boxes and posters on property bulletin boards monthly. Ascendant Education will also send monthly emails to residents with email addresses who opt-in to receive email notification (usually at lease signing).
Q: Does Ascendant provide materials to promote the service to residents?
A: When you sign up for service Ascendant will provide a door hanger template for you to have printed if you request it. Ascendant also provides a Poster For Properties you can download here to print for your use.